Work at Home Does Not Mean Available 24-7, Set Boundaries

I always say "the best part of working at home is being home. It's also the worst part." That's only partially facetious. Because some people just don't get (or accept) that work at home means WORK. They think "She's home. Aka, she's not busy. Aka, I can stop over or call." Some even have the gall to do so at their convenience.

One always says, "I was in the neighborhood." Bad enough you're pestering me. But to drop by unannounced because it works for you? You accord more courtesy to social engagements--schedule, plan, call ahead. The one I have the most trouble with doesn't work. She has endless time and little to do. But I would never have dreamed of going to her place of employment to pester her.  Work at Home Does Not Mean Available 24-7, Set Boundaries

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews