The Horrible R Word and Myths About Down Syndrome

I'm mostly a live and let live person. But when I hear people use derogatory slurs against people with Down Syndrome, I get steamed. If I ever hear someone use the r-word (I can't even bring myself to type it) they will get an earful from me.



I'm a certified teacher endorsed in EI (emotional impairment) and CI (cognitive impairment) special education. CI includes Down Syndrome (Trisomy 21, also called mental retardation and developmentally disabled). I've taught many CI students. As a teen, I lived in and helped manage a group home for developmentally disabled adults. There are myths about Down Syndrome that need dispelling. I am going to do that, plus share caregiver tips.  Myths About Children With Down Syndrome Plus Caregiver Tips 

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews