Meander through any parenting forum and the subject of kids cutting themselves is bound to come up. Intentional self-harm is scary and hurts everyone involved. It's a painful subject just to talk about, let alone try to parent. As a parent to a child with an eating disorder and a childhood self-abuser myself, I've walked through many self-harm issues. Here's my emotional "first aid kit" for cutters and those who love them. How to parent kids who cut without getting hurt
- Freelance writer, Top 100 Yahoo! Voices, Yahoo! News, Shine, Michigan, Detroit), blogger, teacher, mom of 4, happily married 25 years. Graduated GVSU 1986, psychology/general education and special education. continuing ed up to present. Certified MI teacher. Writing Michigan history mystery, children's Gothic fantasy. Areas of expertise: education, relationships, mental health, nutrition, history, world cultures. Passions: faith, Catholic church, sustainable living, interfaith initiatives, living simply that others might simply live. Working on MA in EI education.
- ► 2016 (24)
- ► 2015 (19)
- ► 2014 (28)
- ► 2013 (32)
- The Importance of Boundaries and Road Signs in Rel...
- How to parent kids who cut without getting hurt
- Teach teens to tame temper tantrums
- Alanon Slogans to Treat Depression--One Day at a T...
- How Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy Heals Negative Th...
- Using Al Anon Slogans to Heal Negative Thoughts, D...
- Distorted Stinking Thinking of Low Self Esteem, De...
- ▼ July (7)
- ► 2011 (11)
- ► 2010 (51)
- ► 2009 (14)